Dr. Manish Rungta discusses the causes and remedies for constipation.
Constipation is one of the most common gastroenterology problems in the United States affecting an estimated 42 million people or 15% of the population.
Constipation is a condition in which a person has fewer than three bowel movements a week or has bowel movements with stools that hard, dry and small, making them painful or difficult to pass. Bloating and/or abdominal pain often follows.
The most common cause of constipation is a diet too low of fiber.
There are many tests that can be done for constipation and constipation is very manageable.
Locations | Maps
1015 Medical Center Blvd. Suite 1700
Webster, Texas 77598
Methodist St. John
2060 Space Park Drive
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
11920 Astoria Blvd.
Houston, TX 77089
10905 Memorial Herman Drive
Pearland, Texas 77584
Local Communities Serving Bay Area Gastroenterology
Alvin, Bacliff, Bay Area, Channelview, Clear Lake, Deer Park, Dickinson, Friendswood, Galena Park, Galveston, Houston, Kemah, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Manuel, Missouri City, Nassau Bay, Pasadena, Pearland, Santa Fe, Seabrook, Shoreacres, South East Houston, South Shore, Texas City, Webster
Se Habla Espanol
HAGA CLIC AQUI PARA ESPANOL
The physicians of Bay Area Gastroenterology are proud owners of an on site ASGE certified Endoscopy Center
Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Please contact Rick Rodriguez for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinic Overview
- Endoscopy Center
- Virtual Colonoscopy and Imaging Center
- Colon Health
- Gastroenterologist Office Visit
- Blood in the stool
- Blood in the stool (en Español)
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Dolor Abdominal (en Español)
- Preventing Colorectal Cancer
- Holistic Gastroenterology
- Probiotics, Prebiotics, Synbiotics
- Celiac Disease - Gluten Intolerance
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- Viral Hepatitis
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography
- Acid Reflux / GERD - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Barrett's Esophagus
- New Treatments - Hepatitis C
- Fatty Liver & Cirrhosis of Liver